Here is our Music Video:


Below are the front panels of our digipak:

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Click on the image below to access our website.

Thursday 14 September 2017

R+P Post 2: Myself as a music consumer

I've been listening to music for as long as I can remember, it's always been there and there is no surprise that I have now become a music consumer. I have older siblings and they always played music around the house which I was exposed to. My family listened to mainly old R&B and Hip-Hop as well as Pop music for example, Whitney Houston, Usher, Jeremih, Tupac, Nas, Britney Spears and New Kids On The Block. As a family we would always play Karaoke on the weekends and do dramatic versions of the songs we all loved. I listen to music everyday without fail, almost constantly. When I wake up a play music on my speaker and listen to slow music as I get ready for my day, on the way to and from school, whilst studying and even during free periods with friends. Listening to music is one of the methods I use to unwind and to block out everything else that is going on in my surroundings.

Childhood

The song Hey Ya! by OutKast was definitely the song that comes to mind when looking back at my childhood. Whenever I think about this song I just see my siblings dancing in the living room, imitating the music video and my mum laughing in the background. This song was a mixture of Pop and R&B which is probably why I liked it even that much more. It was a fun song that you could just play and it would just uplift everyone. Even now, this song is on my "throwback" playlist just so that I never forget that part of my life

Outkast - Hey Ya!


Early Teens

The song Started From The Bottom by Drake is one of the first songs I ever heard from him. The reason why this is the song that most represents my early teens is because of the longevity of this songs popularity which felt like a decade. When it first came out it was all everyone was talking about and playing and so slowly I started to really dislike the song. A month later it was still the song everyone was talking about and slowly I started to like it and it became a sort of guilty pleasure for me. Even now I don't exactly know if I actually "like" the song or if I just find it funny.



Now

The main thing that has changed after all these years is the way I consume music, before this point it was mainly due to my environment my friends and family but now I actively seek music I like and enjoy. What I admire much more now is the message behind the song and what the artist was trying to convey, as before I'd just focus on the tempo of the song. The song Green Light by Lorde has been one of my favourite songs these past couple months, it is super upbeat and fun and most definitely the style of music I enjoy quite a lot but as well as this it discusses a more serious topic which is the artists first major heartbreak which adds a more haunting tone to the songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment